Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Two Towers



There's some ambivalence between myself and Steve as to the exact form this blog should habituate itself toward. Let's say I'd like it to represent, at least to some degree, my thoughts on the modern political cosmos. Let me start out by directing you toward the title link. I have done a lot of thinking about September 11, 2001, and not all of it was constructive. I've read a lot of web pages by a lot of looneys. In the end, my gut tells me the official story of the events of 9/11 is incomplete or false in part. The government won't provide answers to a bunch of crazies, cause they won't believe anything they're told. So I'm left to flip the pages of my shockingly blameless 9/11 Report, read the PNAC letter On Rebuilding America's Defenses and fume about what appears to be the most visible "conspiracy" for global domination in history.


One way or another I think Hip-Hop music is going to make an impact in the world of politics real soon. Here's a mixtape of material rather exciting. Jay-Z and Nas after having famously feuded in the 90's?, have finally moved on, realized they were both talented and wanted to make more money. So they "Squashed the Beef." Enjoy.

Jay-Z, Nas - Twin Towers Vol 1

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Rick Broussard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Rick Broussard said...

The idea of hip hop becoming a political force makes me wonder if there shouldn't be a rapper remake of , one of my favorite movies from the hippie exploitation era of 60s-70s filmmaking. But for a more chilling and seemingly racist perspective, read Farnham's Freehold, one of my favorite "end of the world" SF paperbacks of that same period.

It was all prophesied in the 60s baby.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Rick Broussard said...

Sorry, my html skills leave something to be desired. After two attempts I've got to go for a bike ride with Gene Durkee. The reference in the first link above is to Wild in the Streets. Click the word "racist" to see a commentary upon Farnham's Freehold which puts it into a bit of perspective. Sort of like apologetics for Zip pah de doo dah, but worth a read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home